couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Cottlehuber <...@jsonified.com>
Subject Re: Problem installing couchDB because of cygwin dependency
Date Mon, 15 Dec 2014 11:07:11 GMT
> Hi CouchDB team,
>
> I tried installing couchDB from source but it was tough to take care of the
> dependencies, so somehow I found Glazier(https://github.com/dch/glazier)
> to ease my job but It now I am not able to install cygwin. I am getting
> setup.ini not found error. The thing is I tried all the solutions on
> internet regarding this error but none was not able to solve it.
>
> Any solution to this problem?
>
> --
> Thanks & Regards,
> Gunjan Soni.

Building couchdb from source on windows is ... tricky. You need to be able to build erlang
from source as well, and the mozilla spidermonkey javascript engine. This requires 4 compilers
in all. It’s not for the faint of heart.

That said, if you need help, you’ll need to provide more details on the specific error.
I’m by no means an expert on cygwin setup & failures, so I suggest starting with http://stackoverflow.com/questions/15496333/installing-cygwin-setup-ini-missing-from-http-mirrors-kernel-org
and working from there.

A+, Dave
— sent from my Couch

apologies for the pgp-induced garbage from earlier..