couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Dirkjan Ochtman <dirk...@ochtman.nl>
Subject Suggestion: a few more details in new committer emails
Date Fri, 07 Nov 2014 08:31:32 GMT
Hi there,

I wanted to suggest that, in the emails announcing new committers, one
or two sentences could describe in what area the new committer has
been contributing. The emails currently feel pretty bland to me, and
adding a little personal content couldn't hurt. Another thing to add
could be how they are related to CouchDB (e.g. if they're contributing
on behalf of their employer, if they're using CouchDB or a related
project for some interesting project of their own).

Another, related problem with the emails that I see: though I'm no
longer closely tracking what's happening in the broader CouchDB
ecosystem, it feels weird to me that the announcements happen on the
dev@ list, when some of the committers being announced have ostensibly
never even sent a single email there. I don't really have a suggestion
for solving this.

Cheers,

Dirkjan