couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Alexander Shorin <kxe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: The ApacheCon EU Announcements
Date Fri, 14 Nov 2014 13:01:41 GMT
On Fri, Nov 14, 2014 at 3:59 PM, Jan Lehnardt <jan@apache.org> wrote:
> Also, the tarball, are we good to simply zip up the couchdb.git repo after ./configure?
Or would all users run ./configure? My main concern is of course the time to setup, as cloning
all the small repos tends to take some time. If there are things that are tied to the Erlang
version of the person who runs ./configure, then we can’t circumvent this (without some
extra work). Can anyone shed some light on this? Thanks! :)

In case of no ./configure usage e.g. all deps are included we couldn't
provide any fixes just in time. But the preview will be in safe if
we'll broke something (:

--