couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Klaus Trainer <klaus_trai...@posteo.de>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Removing "delayed_commits"
Date Mon, 10 Nov 2014 20:59:14 GMT
I also like the idea of deprecating that feature in 2.0, and removing it
in 3.0.

Here's a list of places where we probably want to place our deprecation
warning (please tell me if anything is missing):

* release notes
* documentation
* configuration files (default.ini etc.)
* log file(s) (only when the feature's enabled)

Cheers,
Klaus

On 10.11.2014 21:30, Alexander Shorin wrote:
> Jan made a great proposal on
> https://github.com/apache/couchdb-couch/pull/15#issuecomment-62447266
>
> On Mon, Nov 10, 2014 at 11:15 PM, janl <git@git.apache.org> wrote:
>>     I think at some point we generally agreed on this process:
>>
>>     1. Version N: Has feature X
>>     2. Version N+1: Feature X gets a deprecation warning (release notes, logs etc.)
/ handles the new and old case gracefully (if possible)
>>     3. Version N+2: Feature X gets removed
>>
>>     So in this case, I’d say:
>>
>>     1. CouchDB 1.0 has this feature
>>     2. CouchDB 2.0:
>>      -  accepts both the fixed and the existing notations (like we did with the `authentification`
config value or header, I forget)