couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject ApacheCon EU Developer Questionnaire
Date Fri, 14 Nov 2014 14:03:45 GMT
Hey all,

at ApacheCon,  I’d like to highlight what the community is looking forward to in 2.0 aside
from the obvious big-ticket features and improvements.

To that end, I’d like to ask everyone to share:

- their top three new little things that 2.0 gains over 1.0.
- their top three bugs that 2.0 (finally!) fixes.

I’ll start:

Top three “little” things:
- faster / better compactor
- view _changes
- more canonical Erlang source code

Top three bugs:
- It’d be unfair to call Futon a bug, but there are so many little things that needed improvement
that I’m very happy we have Fauxton now.
- The fact that the C in CouchDB has always been a bit of a lie and that we are now addressing
this in the few places in the API where that matters.
- No more autotools.

Thank you for your help! :)

Best
Jan