couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Brad Noble <br...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Improved CouchDB logo
Date Thu, 30 Oct 2014 10:09:34 GMT

SyncDB
The database that syncs.

Logo would embody that idea.

From:	Jason Smith <jason.h.smith@gmail.com>
To:	"dev@couchdb.apache.org" <dev@couchdb.apache.org>
Date:	10/30/2014 04:40 AM
Subject:	Re: [DISCUSS] Improved CouchDB logo

On Thu, Oct 30, 2014 at 12:52 AM, Noah Slater <nslater@apache.org> wrote:

> Blue is nice. :) But then that tempts me to change the name too. I
> mean, if we're ever going to do this, now is the time. It's important
> to note though that we have a very STRONG brand, and changing it in a
> big will be expensive.

Change the name! Change the name!

Like all transitions, it seems scary. But once it's done we will all wonder
what we were so worried about.

The brand is strong, but the question is, how much of that strength can we
keep, and how much do we lose.

I think we will keep nearly all of it, plus we will get tons of attention
with a 2.0 release and name change. And as if that already isn't enough, we
get the opportunity to walk away from a ton of branding baggage and
trademark problems.

Change the name!