couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Noah Slater <nsla...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Improved CouchDB logo
Date Thu, 30 Oct 2014 16:47:30 GMT
I was replying to this thread:

Andy:
> sure - IF we want to rename then with 2.0. But before I give my whatever
vote, I would like to know which advantages you expect to get with a rename
.... as of now - I can only think of negative aspects ...

Noah:
> Clear up massive brand confusion with Couchbase, basically.

Andy:
> I am not sure how big this special issue is because I clearly see the
situation from CouchDB. If we have a look to the people on the ML who think
it's Couchbase, that's very minimal ... I would prefer to keep the name and
clarify the situation as often as possible

On 30 October 2014 17:45, Jan Lehnardt <jan@apache.org> wrote:
> My comment on Couchbase was related to the logo, not the name.
>
> Best
> Jan
> --
>

>> On 30 Oct 2014, at 17:39 , Noah Slater <nslater@apache.org> wrote: