couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From "benjamin.bastian@gmail.com" <benjamin.bast...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: More View Changes Input
Date Mon, 06 Oct 2014 19:47:56 GMT
Are you talking about this?
https://github.com/rcouch/rcouch/wiki/Replication-with-view-changes

That's in there.

There are two "view changes" things. There's the optimization to
db/_changes?filter=_view&view=d/v (for getting a _changes feed filtered by
a view in an efficient way) and there's db/_design/d/_view_changes/v (for
getting a feed of the changes to key/value pairs in a view) and I'm talking
about the latter here. For filtering on the _view_changes feed, there's
nothing preventing that from happening in the future, but that's not
currently in the PR (as it has slightly different meanings if you're
filtering on KVs rather than a doc). For filtering on the seq-indexed
db/_changes?filter=_view&view=d/v feed, that has been left relatively
unchanged from what you wrote.

The question I'm asking in this email is with regard to the second endpoint
for the feed of updated key/value pairs and what that API looks like.

Does that make sense?

Ben