couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Alexander Shorin <kxe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Improved CouchDB logo
Date Thu, 30 Oct 2014 16:46:00 GMT
So let them change it, what's the problem? (:
With changing name, logo, branding you're going to kill CouchDB as a
project and create some another project with similar code base. That
could be anything, but not CouchDB.
As well noted, changing a name causes massive issues with module
names, domains, existed articles, questions, hashtags, searches for
information and certainly will cause more confusing about who is who.
--
,,,^..^,,,

On Thu, Oct 30, 2014 at 7:39 PM, Noah Slater <nslater@apache.org> wrote:
> No, because of the name.
>
> On 30 October 2014 17:34, Jan Lehnardt <jan@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>>> On 30 Oct 2014, at 17:33 , Noah Slater <nslater@apache.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> The confusion with Couchbase is large, widespread, and shows no signs
>>> of resolving itself any time soon. This issue is constantly coming up
>>> on social media, in person, and so on.
>>
>> Because of the logo? I hardly think so.
>>
>> Best
>> Jan