couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Alexander Shorin <kxe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Fixing documentation as part of my induction into the project
Date Sat, 04 Oct 2014 10:09:09 GMT
Hi Javier and welcome!

On Sat, Oct 4, 2014 at 6:29 AM, Javier Candeira <javier@candeira.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've just volunteered to help fix documentation as part of my
> induction into the project:

> Finish move of the wiki documentation; clean up references in docs.couchdb.org
> (by the way, thanks wohali for your quick response)

Moving wiki to docs should be done with care since docs at some point
contains more actual information while wiki still remembers about good
old days when 0.10 was in rule. Some old wiki articles should be drop
as completely outdated or renewed instead. I think we all could
collaborate with. Feel free to push it forward!

> After this issue is solved, here is my suggested plan:
>
> - triage through the open documentation bugs and fix all those that
> don't require much deep knowdlege.

+1

> - write a draft of my proposed "What does each Couch* and *ouchDB do"
> article, to go in docs.couchdb.org rather than in
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/COUCHDB/Databases+in+the+CouchDB+ecosystem
> according to my comment in

+1 that's a good idea.

> - fix other bits of the documentation that I find incomplete as a newb
> with a lot to learn.

+1. Ideally, documentation should not leave your with open questions.
If you had read such article and there are no links around to satisfy
your interest this should be fixed (or bug reported).

> I'd appreciate any suggestion you have, and this is my commitment to
> the project: that for every question I ask that someone answers on
> IRC, I'll go check the docs and update or clarify them. Please call me
> out if I fail to do it.
>
> Javier

Again, we're welcome you and feel free to ask questions, submit pull
request with fixes and chatting with us on IRC (: Documentation is
always was a good place to start up.

--