couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Andy Wenk <andyw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Moving swiftly towards 2.0
Date Wed, 08 Oct 2014 21:01:47 GMT
Hi,

On 8 October 2014 22:06, Joan Touzet <joant@lrtw.org> wrote:

> Hey everyone.
>
> master has been stable for a number of weeks now. We should start moving
> towards releasing CouchDB 2.0.
>
> What does that mean? I think the items remaining, before we can consider
> a release candidate are limited to:
>
> * Simplify cluster setup. (Owner: Jan L.)
> * Remove futon, add fauxton as default dashboard (Owner: Jan L.)
> * Go/no-go on view sequence index (Owner: Ben B., see other thread)
> * Fix remaining disabled eunit test cases (Owner: Alex S.)
> * Documentation review (Needs an owner!)
>
> Separately, we need to:
>
> * Create a 1.x.x branch (Owner: Jan L.)
> * Start a 1.7 candidate with deprecations in docs only (Owner: Alex S.)
>
> Have I missed anything?
>
> Any volunteers to look at the docs? The work would entail installing
> master, testing everything out, and starting to make edits to reconcile
> the two. API work would be the most straightforward.

I would like to help with looking at the docs. But I don't exactly
understand what you mean with "... and starting to make edits to reconcile
the two". What is "the two" here? And furthermore the question, if the docs
are already there for master? Sorry if I missed sth here ...

Cheers

Andy

--
Andy Wenk