couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Cottlehuber <...@jsonified.com>
Subject Re: 1.6.1 OS X binaries missing!
Date Wed, 10 Sep 2014 21:27:51 GMT
-----Original Message-----
From: Noah Slater <nslater@apache.org>
Reply: dev@couchdb.apache.org <dev@couchdb.apache.org>>
Date: 10. September 2014 at 17:26:39
To: dev@couchdb.apache.org <dev@couchdb.apache.org>>
Subject:  1.6.1 OS X binaries missing!

> Hello folks,
>
> I saw this today:
>
> https://twitter.com/wjhuie/status/508636819760906241
>
> I see from the ML archives that Jan prepared the OS X binaries, but
> there was an issue flagged with them.
>
> Why did we proceed with the public release before this was fixed?
>
> For clarification, I am not criticising Jan here, who is busy with JS
> Conf. I think we should have had a conversation about halting the
> release.

Hey Noah,

Thanks for raising this, it’s slipped between things.

There was a brief discussion between myself & Jan on IRC, and I didn’t
want to delay a significant patch release. My recollection is that we
don’t let source releases get dragged back unduly because of binaries.

The release announcement[0] does state that OSX is on the way, but there
is no specific info on the website about that.

While Jan’s done a huge pile of work in making the next OSX release
automated[1], I’m not sure whether this must run on Lion (which IIRC is
what the older build steps did) so we are waiting for some more of his
time to document / advise further. I don’t have a clean enough environment
to get this to work reliably enough for a release, will see tomorrow
if I can get a lion vm and try this out, it doesn’t work on either of my
macs here.

A+
Dave

[0]: http://blog.couchdb.org/2014/09/03/apache-couchdb-1-6-1-released/