couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Cottlehuber <...@jsonified.com>
Subject Re: 1.6.1-rc4 binaries
Date Mon, 01 Sep 2014 08:16:19 GMT

From: Jan Lehnardt (mailto:jan@apache.org)
Reply: dev@couchdb.apache.org >(mailto:dev@couchdb.apache.org)
Date: 31. August 2014 at 21:43:50
To: dev@couchdb.apache.org Developers >(mailto:dev@couchdb.apache.org)
Subject: 1.6.1-rc4 binaries

> Heya,
>
> I’ve made Mac binaries for the ongoing 1.6.1 vote:
>
> http://people.apache.org/~jan/dist/packages/mac/1.6.1/
>
> Testing as usual:
>
> - Download
> - Test signatures
> - Double click to unzip
> - Double click to start (make sure no other couch is running on port 5984)
> - Futon should open up in your browser. Navigate to “Verify Installation”, and then
verify your installation.

> Do report the results :)
>
> Note: This is baed on a completely new build process that is dependent on Homebrew. This
will make it possible for anyone to make binaries, and we will even be able to make binaries
as part of the CI setup, so we can get test binaries for every commit. This should get users
testing bugfixes early on! :)

> I’ll write it all up and link it when I’ve got it all together.

+1 sig, sha, md5, verify relaxation.

LGTM Jan, thanks.

wrt to build process, there are some thing we could prune out, like libtool, aclocal &
friends in ./Contents/Resources/couchdbx-core/share/ looking

I also tested homebrew before leaving, I’ll send a PR through for that when the release
is announced.

—
Dave Cottlehuber
dch@jsonified.com