couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Noah Slater <nsla...@apache.org>
Subject [DISCUSS] Moving AUTHORS to COMMITTERS
Date Thu, 04 Sep 2014 14:41:57 GMT
Hi,

Updating the template emails we're using for elections:

https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=couchdb-admin.git;a=blob_plain;f=email/done_committer.txt;hb=HEAD

These are very code-centric. And I'm trying to change that, as part of
our drive to be more inclusive of diverse contributions.

One of the instructions is to add yourself to AUTHORS, which starts with:

> A number of people have contributed to Apache CouchDB by reporting problems,
> suggesting improvements or submitting changes. Some of these people are:

https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=couchdb.git;a=blob_plain;f=THANKS.in;hb=HEAD

I propose that we rename AUTHORS to COMMITTERS, and I update the
header to talk about how a committer is someone who is committed to
the project.

There is no need to reply if you think this is a good idea.

Thanks,

--
Noah Slater
https://twitter.com/nslater