couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Alexander Shorin <kxe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Setting up CouchDB 2.0
Date Wed, 24 Sep 2014 12:15:36 GMT
On Wed, Sep 24, 2014 at 4:03 PM, Robert Newson
<robert.newson@cloudant.com> wrote:
> If someone can explain how we can start in admin party mode, where couchdb is only listening
on the loopback interface, while simultaneously allowing a cluster to be connected, I would
be much obliged.

Start in admin party listening loopback interface.
If you want to listen other interface: fix admin party first.
If you want to setup cluster: fix admin party first - as far as I
understand, there is some additional security routines must be applied
to setup nodes communication right.
When you set cluster up, there is no way back to Admin Party
(configuration error? falling back to single node mode?).
You probably could make your CouchDB open to the world with Admin
Party on using proxies or returning back to party after bind_adderess
change, but you're on your own with such setups.

--