couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From "Eli Stevens (Gmail)" <wickedg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 1.6.1-rc4 binaries
Date Tue, 02 Sep 2014 04:15:42 GMT
Software  OS X 10.9.4 (13E28)

Running on a late 2010 Macbook Pro. 2.66 GHz Intel Core i7-2600, so it's 64 bit.

On Mon, Sep 1, 2014 at 2:48 PM, Jan Lehnardt <jan@apache.org> wrote:

> On 01 Sep 2014, at 23:42 , Eli Stevens (Gmail) <wickedgrey@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> OSX. Sigs check, but after copying the app to /Applications and trying
>> to run it, I get the following dialog:
>>
>> Problem Running CouchDB
>> CouchDB Server doesn't seem to be operating properly. Check Console
>> logs for more details
>> [Quit] [Retry]
>>
>> Trying to run it from the console:
>>
>> 14:35:32 elis@oort couchdbx-core> ./bin/couchdb
>> Apache CouchDB 1.6.1 (LogLevel=info) is starting.
>> Illegal instruction: 4
>>
>> No new entries in var/log/couchdb/couch.log that I can see.
>>
>> Ping me (wickedgrey) on IRC if you want me to try some things in
>> real-ish time. Not sure how long I'll be at my keyboard, but worth a
>> shot if you need to.
>
> What version of Mac OS X? 32 bit machine bychance?
>
> Jan
> --
>

>> On Sun, Aug 31, 2014 at 12:43 PM, Jan Lehnardt <jan@apache.org> wrote:
>>> Heya,
>>>
>>> I’ve made Mac binaries for the ongoing 1.6.1 vote:
>>>
>>> http://people.apache.org/~jan/dist/packages/mac/1.6.1/
>>>
>>> Testing as usual:
>>>
>>> - Download
>>> - Test signatures
>>> - Double click to unzip
>>> - Double click to start (make sure no other couch is running on port 5984)
>>> - Futon should open up in your browser. Navigate to “Verify Installation”,
and then verify your installation.

>>> Do report the results :)
>>>
>>> Note: This is baed on a completely new build process that is dependent on Homebrew.
This will make it possible for anyone to make binaries, and we will even be able to make binaries
as part of the CI setup, so we can get test binaries for every commit. This should get users
testing bugfixes early on! :)