couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Setting up CouchDB 2.0
Date Wed, 24 Sep 2014 13:10:06 GMT

On 24 Sep 2014, at 13:23 , Dirkjan Ochtman <dirkjan@ochtman.nl> wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 24, 2014 at 12:35 PM, Jan Lehnardt <jan@apache.org> wrote:
>> That’s it so far, what do you think? :)
>
> It sucks that/if Admin Party has to go. Firewalls or only listening on
> 127.0.0.1 are a perfectly fine solution, IMO.

Except when it isn’t, there is a CSRF angle to this which we currently
ignore and I agree to is little enough to not worry about too much, but
still :)

That said, I’ve been living with forced-admin couches for two years
now and it is totally fine and doesn’t get in my way at all. So I’d
encourage to give it a try :) — That also said, I’m not everybody,
so this is just a data point.

> I would really like to be able to do simple forms of setup from the
> command-line, rather than having to go through a browser. For the
> simple case of setting up a single-node cluster, realistically I'm
> going to issue /etc/init.d/couchdb start and then want to get started.
> If I'm not required to context-switch to browser for any required
> setup steps, that would be a win IMO.

Sorry for leaving this out, with having a /_setup endpoint, I 100%
agree that the setup should doable from the command line or config
files in addition to Fauxton. By no means I meant to force the Fauxton
route.