couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From d..@jsonified.com
Subject Re: 1.6.1 OS X binaries missing!
Date Sat, 13 Sep 2014 21:35:12 GMT
On Wed, 10 Sep 2014, at 11:43 PM, Andy Wenk wrote:
> Jan - everything is fine - don't worry! I will try to find a slot
> tomorrow
> and get it running together with Dave ...
>
> Dave - I will ping you tomorrow and see if we can work on this :)
>
> Cheers
>
> Andy

Hey Andy, everybody,

Here's a version built on Lion that Works For Me:

https://people.apache.org/~dch/snapshots/couchdb/20140913/

>From Jan's amazing work,  here's where I've gotten to:

- I created a new Lion vagrant box. Get it using this Vagrantfile and
`VAGRANT_LOG=debug vagrant up` as usual. The log stuff lets
you know how painfully slow your internet connection is.

```Vagrantfile
VAGRANTFILE_API_VERSION = "2"

Vagrant.configure(VAGRANTFILE_API_VERSION) do |config|
  config.vm.box = "skunkwerks/osx-lion64-xcodetools"
  config.vm.provider :vmware_fusion do |v|
    v.vmx["memsize"] = "1024"
    v.gui  = true
  end
end
```

NOTA BENE!! CAVEAT DOWNLOADOR!!! The image is huge,
*and* only works on an OSX host with latest vagrant and VMWare
Fusion. I'm uploading a slightly smaller one (only 13GB now!!)
which should finish around 07h00 UTC.

- when `vagrant up` finishes you should have both an ssh shell
and a VMWare gui window into Lion. You can use either from
here on.

```
# accept XCode license ... space space space ... "agree"
xcodebuild -license
# upgrade brew
brew update && brew upgrade
# grab that couch 1.6.1 and erlang goodness
brew install -v couchdb md5sha1sum
# grab Jan's repo of happiness
cd /tmp/
git clone https://github.com/janl/build-couchdb-mac.git
cd build-couchdb-mac
# apply Dave's hack of hideousness
curl -s https://dpaste.de/Q40Y/raw | patch -p1
git commit -am "ugly hack"
./build.sh
```

It produces an artefact of sorts, which works for me on Mavericks.

Testers welcome both for build process and resulting *ahem* artefact.

A+
Dave