couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Chair rotation?
Date Thu, 07 Aug 2014 06:54:53 GMT

On 07 Aug 2014, at 00:51 , Robert Samuel Newson <rnewson@apache.org> wrote:

> The Chair is also and Officer of the ASF (https://www.apache.org/foundation/faq.html#why-are-PMC-chairs-officers),
so are we only able to select an existing Officer or does being elected as Chair cause one
to become an Officer? If so, do they remain an Officer if subsequently replaced by another?

My understanding is this: Any PMC member can become PMC chair. The ASF Office of Chair is
relinquished when giving up the position. ASF membership is orthogonal to all this.

On 07 Aug 2014, at 01:41 , Joan Touzet <wohali@apache.org> wrote:

> As for term start/end, does Jan have an opinion here? If he's exhausted, I
> don't want to force him to continue past his ability to serve.

I’m happy with the new rules. I don’t have a preference as to when the term should start.
I’m happy to serve another term :)

Best
Jan