couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Noah Slater <nsla...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Chair rotation?
Date Fri, 08 Aug 2014 17:39:41 GMT
Bob, individuals are Officers of the Foundation for the duration they
hold the position of Chair. You need to be an Officer (in American
corporation law) to carry out your duties as Chair. Nothing any more
complex than that.

VP CouchDB is Jan's title as an Officer. Whoever is elected next will
also get the title VP CouchDB, and will also become an Officer.
Meanwhile, Jan will no longer be the Chair, the VP CouchDB, or an
Officer.

Do you think this needs clarification in the bylaws?

On 7 August 2014 00:51, Robert Samuel Newson <rnewson@apache.org> wrote:

> The Chair is also and Officer of the ASF (https://www.apache.org/foundation/faq.html#why-are-PMC-chairs-officers),
so are we only able to select an existing Officer or does being elected as Chair cause one
to become an Officer? If so, do they remain an Officer if subsequently replaced by another?

--
Noah Slater
https://twitter.com/nslater