couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Nicolas Dufour <nrduf...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] CouchDB Code of Conduct & Diversity Statement
Date Sun, 03 Aug 2014 21:53:20 GMT
-1

This text is well written but completely unnecessary unless the couchdb
community needs more than common sense to police itself.

The most disturbing part is the emphasize on empathy which can be, as you
all know, an extremely dangerous weapon to manipulate people (so many
examples it's not funny).

As for diversity, I don't recognize the notion of race (which doesn't
exist) so it would have been more clear simply saying that we accept
anybody without any segregation on any criteria.

Really disturbing to see all of that to say the least.

Nicolas