couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Alexander Shorin <kxe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] CouchDB Code of Conduct & Diversity Statement
Date Tue, 05 Aug 2014 19:11:13 GMT
+0.5

Great job on very sensitive and delicate topic and, while I agree that
there should be some rules explicitly defined, I'm not sure that this
should be done on project level. As far as I see each project / event
/ community have to define own CoC (with almost the same statements)
again and again. While each tries to reach the similar goal, we cannot
be sure that each has the same CoC and the same rules are applicable -
this reminds me EULA hell when you have to read each and keep in mind
each. All this makes CoC idea in current state to be broken by design.
On first approximation this have to be done on ASF level, but ideally
on even more higher level (yes, I know that this is utopia scenario),
but I cannot do anything with that.

Leaving myself positive to the changes, but cannot be honest in saying
that I completely like and support the idea as it is.

--