couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Alexander Shorin <kxe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache CouchDB 1.6.1-rc.1
Date Fri, 15 Aug 2014 18:44:28 GMT
On Fri, Aug 15, 2014 at 8:49 PM, Joan Touzet <wohali@apache.org> wrote:
> I believe Alex was offering to start this?

Yes, I did + have some more ideas about "what to broke". But stay
tuned, will prepare docs PR + mail for this list.

On Fri, Aug 15, 2014 at 10:25 PM, Robert Samuel Newson
<rnewson@apache.org> wrote:
> 1.7 for this (because it adds features), we can make a 1.8 with the deprecation stuff
when we figure that out.

I don't feel that it's worth to make an new minor release just because
of single experimental feature for another experimental feature which
is able to broke others stable features. Not a serious move. Let's
keep it for 1.7 with some more weight changes or exclude it completely
from 1.x since it's only affects on Fauxton which is heavily outdated
for 1.x branch (and cannot be up to dated instantly due to breaking
changes it has).

--