couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Samuel Newson <rnew...@apache.org>
Subject Re: BugzID references
Date Fri, 01 Aug 2014 12:44:25 GMT
Hi,

In general the commit messages should be descriptive enough, the bug number is for cross-referencing
purposes and helps us coordinate release management and release notes.

the change to the default values for max_write_delay in ticket 28257 was because of observations
in production that the burden of updating the backing store that powers the global changes
feed began to dominate. We modified that at runtime to a larger interval and observed a significant
improvement, and thus we changed the default. This information should have been included in
the commit message.

We won’t be opening our FogBugz tickets to the general public. I do want to address the
issue you raise, however. Hopefully there are not too many commit messages that violate Cloudant’s
internal standards (which I have pasted to the dev@ list in the recent past). Can we take
this on a case by case basis? While we won’t provide open access to our bug tracking, we’ve
no problem at all with extracting descriptions of any changes we’ve contributed to the couchdb
project.

B.