couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Joan Touzet <woh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache CouchDB 1.6.1-rc.1
Date Thu, 14 Aug 2014 22:53:37 GMT
Not sure I agree. Experimental functionality wouldn't require a minor
version update as it's disabled by default. Heartbeat interval is
also configurable and a minor change as well....

----- Original Message -----
From: "Robert Kowalski" <rok@kowalski.gd>
To: dev@couchdb.apache.org
Sent: Thursday, August 14, 2014 4:49:05 PM
Subject: Re: [VOTE] Release Apache CouchDB 1.6.1-rc.1

Hi Dave,

thanks for taking care of this!

I saw that some features, e.g. "Add Experimental
Content-Security-Policy-Support (CSP)" and the "heartbeat interval" were
added to this release.

I might be wrong, I think that according to semver this would raise the
version number to 1.7 , http://semver.org/ says: "Given a version number
MAJOR.MINOR.PATCH, increment the: [...] MINOR version when you add
functionality in a backwards-compatible manner."

What do you think?

Best,
Robert