couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Simon Metson <met...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Code of Conduct - any other comments?
Date Sun, 20 Jul 2014 14:04:36 GMT
Hey Joan,
Looks good to me, though there seems to be a bit of unnecessary duplication in "Reporting
Guidelines”, 1st half of the 2nd paragraph is very close to the 2nd half of the 1st para
(made me think I was seeing double). How about:

"""
While this code of conduct should be adhered to by participants, we recognize that sometimes
people may have a bad day, or be unaware of some of the guidelines in this code of conduct.
Assume good faith; it is more likely that participants are unaware of their bad behaviour
than that they intentionally try to degrade the quality of the discussion.

If you believe someone is violating this code of conduct, you may reply to them and point
out this code of conduct. Such messages may be in public or in private, whatever is deemed
most appropriate, and should still adhere to the relevant parts of this code of conduct; in
particular, it should not be abusive or disrespectful. Should there be difficulties in dealing
with the situation, you may report your compliance issues in confidence to private@couchdb.apache.org
(mailto:private@couchdb.apache.org).
"""

Cheers