couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Noah Slater <nsla...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Code of conduct - edit of the point 2
Date Sat, 19 Jul 2014 21:38:46 GMT
I am +1 on including empathy and -1 on removing it.

Empathy is difficult (perhaps one of the most difficult things to do
as a human, behind perhaps forgiveness) but it's also the most
important thing that we're looking for on the project. Doubly so
because we're a loose, distributed team.

On 19 July 2014 19:46, Robert Samuel Newson <rnewson@apache.org> wrote:

> Great, thanks. I think we all want the COC to be as clear as possible, looking forward
to your suggestions.

> B.
>
> On 19 Jul 2014, at 18:11, Benoit Chesneau <bchesneau@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Sat, Jul 19, 2014 at 5:13 PM, Robert Samuel Newson
>> <rnewson@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>>> To save this going on forever, are you vetoing the use of the word "empathy"?
If so, can you suggest alternate wording that captures the intent? That does not include removing
it and replacing it with different virtues like honesty.

--
Noah Slater
https://twitter.com/nslater