couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Noah Slater <nsla...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Code of conduct - edit of the point 2
Date Mon, 28 Jul 2014 19:05:24 GMT
On 28 July 2014 20:53, Benoit Chesneau <bchesneau@gmail.com> wrote:

> Quoting the "bylaws" you're refferrng:
>
>     If a proposal is particularly controversial, try making it reversible.

This proposal is not "particularly controversial". You're the only
person who disagrees, with the use of a single word.

Please, PLEASE, respect the fact that we have wasted *many* person
hours on this thread already, and it is interminable. There is no
unanimous resolution. So either we take a tally in the form of a vote,
to confirm the consensus, or you drop it. Continuing to reply to
emails here about how you don't like this word is unproductive and not
respectful of project resources.

> Note that i am the one to decide if I abandon it. It's clear that if no one
> agreed in a limited time, I will just consider it as abandoned. My last
> proposal based on this discussion is indeed the last I will have.

It is already clear to me what the result is.

--
Noah Slater
https://twitter.com/nslater