couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Dirkjan Ochtman <dirk...@ochtman.nl>
Subject Re: The Merge Needs You
Date Mon, 07 Jul 2014 20:19:12 GMT
On Mon, Jul 7, 2014 at 9:11 PM, Robert Samuel Newson <rnewson@apache.org> wrote:
> The merge of bigcouch has reached a stage now where I think it’s time to merge to master.

Exciting stuff!

> I stress that after the merge to master there is still some work ahead of us before a
2.0 release can be made, though it is intended that a 1.7.0 could be cut from the src/couch
subdirectory if necessary (though I would rather avoid doing a release before 2.0).

Since we're supposedly doing time-based releases, and 1.6.0 was
released one month ago on Thursday, and you indicate that a release
will not be possible soon after the merge, I propose that we hold off
the merge a little bit to get a 1.6.1 or 1.7.0 out, then you can land
the merge after it has branched.

Cheers,

Dirkjan