couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Davis <paul.joseph.da...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Politics on CouchDB
Date Wed, 09 Jul 2014 08:24:23 GMT
I have to say that as someone quite familiar with "Joe the Plumber" I
always thought it was a colloquial term equivalent to "Average Joe".
Even after seeing this I had to go Google and it sure does look like
it was coined to refer to the guy from 2008. And given the date on the
bill it seems likely someone just reached for a name when that was in
the news.

If it was enough to trip someone up reading the docs I'd be in favor
of making the change. John Doe or some other "reserved" random name
seems like it'd be easy enough to substitute.