couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Davis <paul.joseph.da...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] [REVISED] Official CouchDB bylaws
Date Tue, 22 Jul 2014 21:12:54 GMT
+1

Nice to see these written down concisely and comprehensively.

On Tue, Jul 22, 2014 at 3:43 PM, Robert Samuel Newson
<rnewson@apache.org> wrote:

> I vote +1 to the revised (rev 89) bylaws, thanks for the swift update!
>
> I don’t know if it matters but the opening thread states ' Tuesday, July 21, 2014',
but it is of course the 22nd.

> B.
>
> On 22 Jul 2014, at 02:37, Noah Slater <nslater@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> Agreed. Unless any major flaws are found, we should move any minor
>> niggles to a separate document, and update in batch at some point in
>> the future.
>>
>> Acknowledge your point about just lifting the content. Those documents
>> are just guidelines, and are often poorly worded, or out of date. One
>> of the things I was hoping to do with the bylaws was taken content
>> from many sources, and improve on it. (Which we have succeeded at
>> doing, and I am very proud of the work we've all done here!)
>>
>> As I say, I'm happy to +1 as it stands and deal with any minor edit
>> suggestions at a later date (including my own).
>>
>> On 22 July 2014 03:31, Joan Touzet <wohali@apache.org> wrote:
>>> I officially vote +1 on this document.
>>>
>>> A reminder, from my initial email on this round of updates:

>>> This stands - minor changes should be queued up for later, we can put
>>> together a diff and adopt that as a simple majority vote once these rules
>>> are in effect.
>>>
>>> For reference, the edits referred to were pasted in came directly from ASF documents
- I made no personal changes and I think we make our own changes at our own peril, especially
of bikeshedding this to death.  https://www.apache.org/dev/pmc.html

>>> -Joan

within the PMC is to ensure that everyone has a chance to be heard and to enable meetings
to flow smoothly. There is no concept of "leader" in the Apache way.

within the PMC is to ensure that everyone has a chance to be heard and to enable things to
flow smoothly. It is primarily an administrative role.