couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Benoit Chesneau <bchesn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Code of conduct - edit of the point 2
Date Sat, 19 Jul 2014 14:47:23 GMT
On Sat, Jul 19, 2014 at 3:30 PM, Joan Touzet <wohali@apache.org> wrote:
> Again, I am -1 on this. Having awareness of the emotional state of others
> has proven time and again to be of critical importance, especially in this
> community where tempers have flared.

You don't have any possibility to know what is the emotional state of
the other. Except if you live in his head. These are just guess and
prone to error. Especially via mail.

> If you don't like the word empathy, we need to add back in this concept
> at the very top level, within the first few words - NOT past the colon.

I don't like relying on something vague and prone to conflict. Which
one will be the more empathic in your view. The one that follow the
opinion or the one that doesn't think you are empathetic with him? Who
will  be the more empathetic?

Honesty however is not a vague concept. Neither is trust ie the
belief that someone or something is reliable, good, honest, effective,
etc.

where empathy is:  the feeling that you understand and share another
person's experiences and emotions : the ability to share someone
else's feelings.

The feeling...