couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Benoit Chesneau <bchesn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Code of conduct - edit of the point 2
Date Sun, 27 Jul 2014 19:04:41 GMT
On Sun, Jul 27, 2014 at 5:44 PM, Joan Touzet <wohali@apache.org> wrote:

> [...]

This where your empathy fails. I was just factual, answering to this
language knowledge argument that was advanced. Some simple links:

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/empathy

or

http://www.larousse.fr/encyclopedie/divers/empathie/47249

Of course you will have to trust me about that....  Also I will just kindly
remember you that i am not an engineer neither one of this techies you seem
to assume I am. I have a plain background that shows it. It also shows you
don't really know me, which is quite normal ;)

I won't answer in detail for the rest. I agree with some points and
disagree completely with some other. But that not the point of this thread.

Let's be more clear, I propose to remove the word empathy and find a
sentence/paragraph that express what others expect from the others. I would
vote a text like this. I will be extremely uncomfortable with any text that
contains the word empathy.

- benoit.