couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Alexander Shorin <kxe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: The Merge Needs You
Date Tue, 08 Jul 2014 01:52:46 GMT
On Tue, Jul 8, 2014 at 12:43 AM, Dirkjan Ochtman <dirkjan@ochtman.nl> wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 7, 2014 at 10:31 PM, Robert Samuel Newson
> <rnewson@apache.org> wrote:
>> Is there more to do on master for that release? If so, what? If not, branch now?
>
> Since we do time-based releases, the default answer to that question
> should be no. It would be fine by me to just branch the new release
> branch right before we merge The Merge.

I think we have to make an exception for 1.7 or some other 1.x release
since we had a plan to:
1. Make LTS branch for 1.x series
2. Explicitly deprecate all the stuff which will not pass 2.0 mark
3. Provide and suggest some stuff to make migration to 2.0 more easy and soft

All this work doesn't fits time-based workflow well since it have to
be done in cooperation with 2.0 release preparation. But it's ok to do
all this stuff in own branch.

--