couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Alexander Shorin <kxe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: The Merge Needs You
Date Tue, 08 Jul 2014 01:37:20 GMT
It's the time!

http://i.imgur.com/YfMRivv.jpg
--
,,,^..^,,,

On Mon, Jul 7, 2014 at 11:11 PM, Robert Samuel Newson
<rnewson@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> The merge of bigcouch has reached a stage now where I think it’s time to merge to master.
I’m therefore asking folks if there are any blockers preventing me from proceeding, which
involves you each taking a look at 1843-feature-bigcouch (or, by not doing so, giving implicit
consent).

> I stress that after the merge to master there is still some work ahead of us before a
2.0 release can be made, though it is intended that a 1.7.0 could be cut from the src/couch
subdirectory if necessary (though I would rather avoid doing a release before 2.0).

> As part of the merge to master, I expect to have to tackle sundries in the top-level
directory like the THANKS and AUTHORS file, so there’s no need to call those out (though
I note the tool to update THANKS is broken on OS X, at least). I intend to delete the Install.Unix
and .Windows files as, from 2.0 onward, we are not providing that kind of install.

> I plan to perform the merge this Thursday unless there are technical blocking issues.
In the interim, I will be working on bundling up the bug fixes, new features, and performance
enhancements that Cloudant have developed since last year, when Paul Davis and I first sat
down together to begin this task.