couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From "Mutton, James" <jmut...@akamai.com>
Subject Re: The Merge Needs You
Date Mon, 07 Jul 2014 19:35:00 GMT
Hoping I’ll have time to take a look this week.  I haven’t had as much time to spend on
couch as I would like given the number of directions I’m pulled these days, but I’m interested
to see if the things we ran into operationally running our version of the merge are quashed
or not.  A deadline sounds like just the thing to force me to look at it. :)

Nice work guys!

</JamesM>

On Jul 7, 2014, at 12:11, Robert Samuel Newson <rnewson@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> The merge of bigcouch has reached a stage now where I think it’s time to merge to master.
I’m therefore asking folks if there are any blockers preventing me from proceeding, which
involves you each taking a look at 1843-feature-bigcouch (or, by not doing so, giving implicit
consent).

> I stress that after the merge to master there is still some work ahead of us before a
2.0 release can be made, though it is intended that a 1.7.0 could be cut from the src/couch
subdirectory if necessary (though I would rather avoid doing a release before 2.0).

> As part of the merge to master, I expect to have to tackle sundries in the top-level
directory like the THANKS and AUTHORS file, so there’s no need to call those out (though
I note the tool to update THANKS is broken on OS X, at least). I intend to delete the Install.Unix
and .Windows files as, from 2.0 onward, we are not providing that kind of install.

> I plan to perform the merge this Thursday unless there are technical blocking issues.
In the interim, I will be working on bundling up the bug fixes, new features, and performance
enhancements that Cloudant have developed since last year, when Paul Davis and I first sat
down together to begin this task.