couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Samuel Newson <rnew...@apache.org>
Subject Re: CouchDB components version policy
Date Sun, 13 Jul 2014 12:49:13 GMT

The code components (fabric, mem3, rexi, etc) have their own version numbers (following semver).
Because of the way this was merged, many historical tags (used by Cloudant during our regular
release cycle) are missing as they would pull in the pre-ip-cleared versions of the modules.

I don’t see a problem with the documentation repo having its own version number, but matching
it to the couchdb release has merit too.

Right now, rebar.config points to the master branch of each repository but this is *not* how
we’ll manage things going forward (it is convenient right now as we validate the merge).
To make a reproducible build, we must point at tags instead. The development of an enhancement
to fabric (for example) is comprised of two parts. The first is the change to fabric itself,
starting in a feature branch then being merged to master (after review) . The second being
a new tag off fabric’s master branch and an update to rebar.config to point to it.

B.