couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Samuel Newson <rnew...@apache.org>
Subject The Merge Needs You
Date Mon, 07 Jul 2014 19:11:53 GMT
Hi All,

The merge of bigcouch has reached a stage now where I think it’s time to merge to master.
I’m therefore asking folks if there are any blockers preventing me from proceeding, which
involves you each taking a look at 1843-feature-bigcouch (or, by not doing so, giving implicit
consent).

I stress that after the merge to master there is still some work ahead of us before a 2.0
release can be made, though it is intended that a 1.7.0 could be cut from the src/couch subdirectory
if necessary (though I would rather avoid doing a release before 2.0).

As part of the merge to master, I expect to have to tackle sundries in the top-level directory
like the THANKS and AUTHORS file, so there’s no need to call those out (though I note the
tool to update THANKS is broken on OS X, at least). I intend to delete the Install.Unix and
.Windows files as, from 2.0 onward, we are not providing that kind of install.

I plan to perform the merge this Thursday unless there are technical blocking issues. In the
interim, I will be working on bundling up the bug fixes, new features, and performance enhancements
that Cloudant have developed since last year, when Paul Davis and I first sat down together
to begin this task.

B.