couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Samuel Newson <rnew...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Code of conduct - edit of the point 2
Date Sun, 27 Jul 2014 10:22:17 GMT

The Code of Conduct defines what we mean by empathy, so we don’t need to get hung up on
alternate definitions.

> This Code defines empathy as "a vicarious participation in the emotions, ideas, or opinions
of others; the ability to imagine oneself in the condition or predicament of another."

Hopefully this is both unambiguous and unobjectionable to you, Benoit? I think we’re all
clear that the call to be empathetic is not a call to be clairvoyant.

Finally, I’m unsure how a code of conduct can be "neutral" or not "political" since we are
defining acceptable and unacceptable behavior.

B.