couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Samuel Newson <rnew...@apache.org>
Subject Re: The Merge Needs You
Date Mon, 07 Jul 2014 21:08:23 GMT
Fixed, thanks!

B.

On 7 Jul 2014, at 21:10, Jean-Felix Girard <jeanfelixg@icloud.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Futon looks broken on the private port (15986).
>
> curl http://localhost:15986/_utils/
> {"error":"unknown_error","reason":"undef"}
>

> It works fine on 15984.
>
> --
>

> On Jul 7, 2014, at 3:11 PM, Robert Samuel Newson <rnewson@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> The merge of bigcouch has reached a stage now where I think it’s time to merge
to master. I’m therefore asking folks if there are any blockers preventing me from proceeding,
which involves you each taking a look at 1843-feature-bigcouch (or, by not doing so, giving
implicit consent).

>> I stress that after the merge to master there is still some work ahead of us before
a 2.0 release can be made, though it is intended that a 1.7.0 could be cut from the src/couch
subdirectory if necessary (though I would rather avoid doing a release before 2.0).

>> As part of the merge to master, I expect to have to tackle sundries in the top-level
directory like the THANKS and AUTHORS file, so there’s no need to call those out (though
I note the tool to update THANKS is broken on OS X, at least). I intend to delete the Install.Unix
and .Windows files as, from 2.0 onward, we are not providing that kind of install.

>> I plan to perform the merge this Thursday unless there are technical blocking issues.
In the interim, I will be working on bundling up the bug fixes, new features, and performance
enhancements that Cloudant have developed since last year, when Paul Davis and I first sat
down together to begin this task.