couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Joan Touzet <woh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: rcouch merge: integration with the bigcouch branch questions
Date Mon, 07 Jul 2014 19:52:05 GMT
Benoit writes:

> - how the fauxton build is handled right now in the bigcouch branch.
> What are requirements to make it automatic? (no manual installation).
> Is there a way to disable it

It has been the intent of the Fauxton team to deprecate Futon in 2.0,
and only ship Fauxton. This has been communicated in the CouchDB meeting
minutes previously.

Unifying the build process is certainly something worth looking into,
but it requires we add a number of other technologies as build pre-
requisites (node, npm, grunt for a start). As the team wasn't sure
everyone wanted this, so far building Fauxton while building Couch
is not mandatory.

Can you clarify what you mean about disabling Fauxton?

-Joan