couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Sebastian Rothbucher <sebastianrothbuc...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Show + List functions in Fauxton Dashboard
Date Tue, 24 Jun 2014 20:56:49 GMT
Hi there,

it's great Fauxton gets even better!

from project experience, what did work well was
- List functions to re-sort (sufficiently reduced) views
- List functions to generate SQL (or others) from reductions (I guess
that's very much like what Alexander had in mind)
- Show functions to output HTML (or JavaScript or anything - even using
Futon/Fauxton as dev platform)
(so far, more support is a plus, but CURL is always there ;-)

- Show functions to filter out parts of complex documents (I did augment
Futon for that, and it proved useful; in fact I was too late to contribute
and I didn't manage to backport yet - I guess you'll be faster anyway now)
- effectively, this would mean having something like a dropdown in the
single documents view to choose a show fkt (whose output will replace the
document as-is; in read-only.). You could do this with views, but you have
to wait for the index to build. Show is immediate.

Good luck - looking forward to it!
     Sebastian