couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Joan Touzet <woh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [REQUES] Review proposed bylaws (Was: Re: [DISCUSS] Project bylaws)
Date Thu, 05 Jun 2014 02:23:38 GMT
I'd suggested something like this earlier to Noah. I'm now -0
on the idea now.

I believe the response from him (or possibly someone else on the PMC)
was that people would try and go by the abbreviated rules and never
read the complete ones. And that people would either rely on that as
a loophole, or worse, think our rules were more lax and cause issues.
This could be unintentional or intentional; either way it allows
for interpretation on the short rules that could cause issues.

-Joan

----- Original Message -----
From: "Alexander Shorin" <kxepal@gmail.com>
To: dev@couchdb.apache.org
Sent: Wednesday, June 4, 2014 3:51:03 PM
Subject: Re: [REQUES] Review proposed bylaws (Was: Re: [DISCUSS] Project bylaws)

Hi,

I have an idea that I like to share with you about bylaws and code of
conduct. I'll be short:
http://500px.com/terms

Here I'll be a bit longer: the idea is to provide shortener summary of
all these statements on the page. Easy to read, easy to understand the
base things, easy to reference, no need to dive into loooong texts
searching for simple things, unless you're seeking for details or
wording. We can launch short version as an whole page ideas quiescence
in any time while keep fighting for words, terms and phrases in full
texts without interrupting the process.

What do you think about?

--