couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Cottlehuber <...@jsonified.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache CouchDB 1.6.0-rc.5
Date Mon, 12 May 2014 09:35:20 GMT
Awesome news, Nick! Going to test it right now.
--
,,,^..^,,,

On Sun, May 11, 2014 at 9:58 PM, Nick North <north.n@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've tried the RC5 Windows build with Erlang 17.0, and all the JavaScript
> tests pass, which is promising. I haven't tried any of the configure
> options, like dirty schedulers, though.
>
> Interestingly, the Windows installer size has doubled to 100MB with Erlang
> 17. That's a slightly surprising leap, and I haven't yet looked into why

This happened to me sometimes, you end up with the .exe installer bundled inside itself. In
your case its the  otp_win32_17.exe file, remove that and re-run the final steps in `couchdb_build.sh`
and it should be fine. It’s probably in your vanilla $OTP_DIR/win32/release/ folder.

> it's happening. If anyone wants to try this build, the files are available
> at:

> setup-couchdb-1.6.0_17.0.exe<https://www.dropbox.com/s/2bcxr1eefr8jsw4/setup-couchdb-1.6.0_17.0.exe>
> setup-couchdb-1.6.0_17.0.exe.md5<https://www.dropbox.com/s/m68nac5k7qa5x1g/setup-couchdb-1.6.0_17.0.exe.md5>
> setup-couchdb-1.6.0_17.0.exe.sha<https://www.dropbox.com/s/59fed51dylr1e9y/setup-couchdb-1.6.0_17.0.exe.sha>