couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Dirkjan Ochtman <dirk...@ochtman.nl>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache CouchDB 1.6.0-rc.3
Date Fri, 02 May 2014 16:15:29 GMT
On May 2, 2014 5:56 PM, "Joan Touzet" <wohali@apache.org> wrote:
> Discussion on IRC suggested that we not cherry pick but pull directly from
> master. This would be useful, selfishly, in that it would also pull my
> startup script fix for which we keep getting new bugs. It also means that
> we would have a 1.6.x branch that starts as a strict predecessor of master
> in the future.

Yes, but it also potentially means we keep taking destabilizing things into
the rcs. We're trying to converge on something stable (i.e. no test
failures). Obviously we do not do a good enough job of keeping master
stable, therefore I'd prefer not to keep merging everything into the
release branch.

We're supposed to have releases every month so that people never have to
wait long even if some feature or fix misses a release.

That said, I'd be happy to make an exception for your
lots-of-duplicate-bugs startup script fix, if we can deem it to be
low-risk.

Cheers,

Dirkjan