couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Benoit Chesneau <bchesn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] provides a good place for couchapps documentation
Date Thu, 29 May 2014 07:42:08 GMT
On Thu, May 29, 2014 at 7:35 AM, Alexander Shorin <kxepal@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, May 29, 2014 at 8:45 AM, Benoit Chesneau <bchesneau@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > 1. create a separate website: couchapps.couchdb.org or
> > couchdb.apache.org/couchapps (maybe better). Once it would be possible
> > redirect couchapp.org to it.
>
> couchdb.org serve only propose to redirect requests to
> couchdb.apache.org, so the final variant looks like:
> couchapp.couchdb.apache.org.
> Technically, separate domain looks more reasonable to couchapps since
> they contains quite much bits of third party projects which are not
> related to CouchDB directly, but I'm +1 for any variant.

By separate domain you mean couchapps.couchdb.apache.org (shorters a
apps.couhdb.apache.org) or anything else.

> > 2. move the old content to a static website or wiki
>
> +1 for static website (it's simpler and faster), also it's good idea
> to move all the content to sphinx, put it to git and serve via RTD (in
> this case new domain sounds good) as we done for CouchDB docs.

sphinx or any other tools are fine for me. Would be good to have to old
content. Though we can rebuild some content from scratch. Old content was
really old...

> > 3. create a couchapp mailing-list that come with the website outside of
> > googlegroups.
>
> +1 for couchapp@couchdb.apache.org
>

> small detail, but it should be couchapps@couchdb.apache.org so we handle
all kind of possible couch embedded applications. Both are ok for  me
though.