couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Benoit Chesneau <bchesn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Summary of IRC Meeting in #couchdb-meeting
Date Thu, 29 May 2014 05:02:51 GMT
On Wed, May 28, 2014 at 11:17 PM, Robert Samuel Newson
<rnewson@apache.org>wrote:

> I based the rebar work on yours, though I did remove the
> cross-compile/static build bits for simplicity. I am also pretty confident
> that my work does not work on all the platforms that rebar.config.script
> implies. It’s certainly a work-in-progress. Since it *does* build the
> bigcouch branch correctly, it now serves a valid prototype for any work you
> might wish to do on it.

ok sounds easy then, will see how i can go in playing with both at the same
time.

> for the NIF’s, I’ve no preference on the matter, as long as comparison is
> still fast. Make the replacement if you wish to.

ok

> couch_mrview, I’ve not looked at your changes deeply but it does seem a
> simple merge.

The couch_mrview part is easy. BUt this the HTTP api part [1] and the
replication part [2] . I am not what's the best way to merge them. If it
can reuse most of the code in the cluster api that would be interesting.
Maybe chewbranca can help me on that topic.

> I am terrible at roadmaps and timeframes, I think that’s no secret. I can
> summarize current status as follows: the 1843-feature-bigcouch branch is in
> good shape for testing, for finding regressions. I’m now working to get
> authentication working against a clustered/sharded _users database rather
> than calling the node local one only. Like in bigcouch, we’ll call one and,
> on a 404, call the other. We could revise this going forward. After that is
> achieved, I’ll be working to import the work that Cloudant has done since
> the original Nebraska merge, our full year of code fixes and improvements,
> in a further IP clearance round.

ok, so nothing that stop other works which is cool.

[1]
https://github.com/rcouch/couchdb-couch-httpd/commit/70409b20e5be8f0fa5d125cd1e9ec2697c82d909(and
following)
[2]