couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Kowalski <...@kowalski.gd>
Subject Re: [REQUES] Review proposed bylaws (Was: Re: [DISCUSS] Project bylaws)
Date Mon, 26 May 2014 20:53:43 GMT
Hi Noah,

I just added my answers:

> On 11 May 2014 20:14, Robert Kowalski <rok@kowalski.gd> wrote:
> > As a fairly new committer I learned some from reading it and realized
> that
> > I have some "unknown unknowns".
>
> Can you elaborate?

Sure! I call "unknown unknown" everything where I did not even know that I
did not know them (quite meta). I can say "I don't know how to speak
Spanish" and in this situation I am knowing that I have an Unknown
(speaking Spanish). But sometimes,e.g. when it comes to specific knowledge
in an area, I don't even know, that I did not know this. Therefore I can
not ask anybody about it, because I am not aware that I don't know it. I
think I got the terms "unknown unknown" and "known unknown" from knowledge
management, a colleague wrote his diploma in this area.

Some examples: I was not aware that one can vote with a +0 or -0, I also
did not know all the different models for an approval. I also did not know
some details of the decision types.

I really like the fact that there is now a document that is easy to find to
give people all the informations and an overview!

Great work Noah!

> On 11 May 2014 20:14, Robert Kowalski <rok@kowalski.gd> wrote:
> > Maybe we can add a line that there is a meeting every wednesday on
> > freenode, because I have the feeling that it is an integral part on how
> the
> > project is organizing itself.
>
> I am not sure the bylaws are the correct place for this. But I could
> be convinced if someone has a compelling argument for it.

Looking at it in retrospective it is not fitting really into the bylaws,
you are right