couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Kowalski <...@kowalski.gd>
Subject [DISCUSS] Fauxton Release 1.x / 2.0
Date Sun, 11 May 2014 21:40:34 GMT
The BigCouch Merge is doing well and there was the topic regarding the
Fauxton Release during the last meeting on Wednesday. I think there was
agreement, that Fauxton will be definitly replacing Futon in 2.0.

After reading the log I had a short chat with Joan regarding the topic and
the BigCouch merge is from a gut feeling more a matter of weeks and not
months.

Basically we can:

 - Release Fauxton as a 1.x
 - Release Fauxton with BigCouch as 2.0

I would like to get with you into the discussion how we should release
Fauxton (1.7 or 2.0 - or maybe even on a patchlevel like 1.6.1), how far
the development of Fauxton is and what is definitely missing for a release
or blocking it, like "Clarify Futon/Fauxton transition" (
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COUCHDB-1954)

Best,
Robert