couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Alexander Shorin <kxe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache CouchDB 1.6.0-rc.5
Date Tue, 13 May 2014 22:56:40 GMT
On Wed, May 14, 2014 at 1:25 AM, Dirkjan Ochtman <dirkjan@ochtman.nl> wrote:
> On Tue, May 13, 2014 at 3:30 AM, Alexander Shorin <kxepal@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Ugh. Do we have any ideas about this?
>>
>> Probably, another floating test failure, but I couldn't reproduce it
>> no matter how I tried.
>
> So are we going to say this is a fluke and we'll leave it for now?

I would say yes (gritting one's teeth). We'd made not a single release
with a lot of floating issues. Hopefully few the most annoying ones
we'd fixed for 1.6, but we don't really know if this one is the last.
For 1.7 we will have new, better test suite - that's the goal.

@Robert

If you have a chance, try to reproduce this failure in verbose mode:
./test/etap/run -v test/etap/075-auth-cache.t
just wonder where it could fail for you.

--